At Center for Dental Anesthesia in Alexandria, we know that many children are afraid of going to the dentist. We want to make your child’s first visit to our practice a positive experience. Regular check-ups are an essential part of dental health.
Virginia parents can follow these guidelines to help prepare their child for a dental visit.
- Talk about the exam with your child. Answer any questions with uncomplicated answers.
- Don’t share your bad dental experiences with your child.
- Don’t imply that the exam will be painful.
- Help your child understand that this is an important part of staying healthy.
- Don’t offer a reward for visiting the dentist.
It is important for parents to make sure they aren’t anxious about Alexandria dental visits because children can sense their stress.
At Center for Dental Anesthesia our professional, friendly staff can calm the nerves of a fearful child and help them have a gentle dental experience.
If you or your Alexandria child has had a bad dental experience or is unable to stay calm while visiting the dentist, ask us about sedation dentistry. We want all of our patients to feel as comfortable and relaxed as possible while receiving excellent dental care.
For simple dental procedures topical anesthetics are applied to the gums and other tissues reducing oral sensation. If you require more sedation, nitrous oxide and general anesthesia are safe solutions.
Contact Center for Dental Anesthesia:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):