Geriatric and Special Needs Dentistry Alexandria & Arlington, VA
At the Center for Dental Anesthesia we provide high-quality geriatric dentistry and special needs dentistry in the DC Virginia area. Dr. Mady and Dr. Geren have comprehensive training and expertise, so you can expect a comfortable and safe experience every time.
Our team has provided outstanding care for special needs patients, including geriatrics and those with diseases or disabilities, for many years. Patients come to the Center from Alexandria, Washington, DC, Arlington and surrounding communities with a wide variety of unique needs:
- Patients who suffer from diseases such as Parkinson’s or Alzheimer’s.
- Patients with underlying medical problems like high blood pressure, diabetes, heart problems, or are in treatment or recovery from cancer.
- Patients who are healthy but have had an unpleasant or even dangerous reaction to local anesthetics.
- Patients who have found that local anesthetics simply do not achieve the desired freedom from pain.
- Patients for whom the sights, sounds, or smells of a dental office trigger severe anxiety, panic, or memories of traumatic experiences.
- Patients who are unable to sit still in the chair or cooperate with treatment because of young age, a severe gag reflex, or physical/mental disabilities.
With the administration of sedation or anesthesia by a special needs dentist, all of these problems can be monitored and controlled. You can experience completely pain-free dentistry, completely unaware of the dental treatment being done.
Our initial intake includes a pre-treatment consultation. Depending on the type and severity of special needs, a consultation with the patient’s physician or specialist may also be necessary.
The initial visit
When you first meet with one of our highly-trained team, a thorough consultation will take place. This will include:
- A chance to ask questions and fully explore any concerns.
- Detailing medical history in order to make an accurate diagnosis.
- A comprehensive evaluation of special needs and dental goals in order to devise a treatment plan.
- A full list of all recommended services and costs.
- Signing the consent form for treatment.
- Specific instructions on how to prepare yourself or your loved one for the appointment.
To set up a consultation with a special needs dentist and to ensure you receive the best geriatric dentistry or special needs dentistry in the DC Virginia area, please contact our dedicated team.
“We have been bringing our son to this office for many years and we would not want to take him anywhere else…”
"We have been bringing our son to this office for many years and we would not want to take him anywhere else. The entire staff is so professional and they make sure our son is at ease in whatever procedure he has done. He has special needs and has had dental work done while under anesthesia and without. Each procedure is explained in full and all questions answered. The office is beautiful and you get a sense of peace and total trust of the entire staff from the moment you walk in the door. They totally understand and address any and all concerns you have. Oh, and by the way, our son's teeth look beautiful. We give this office the best recommendation possible. Give them a try and you will be glad you did."
- Tim D.
“Everyone in their office is compassionate and professional.”