Caring Family Dentistry for the Northern Virginia Area
Here at the Center for Dental Anesthesia, we provide excellent family dentistry that will keep you and your loved ones healthy and safe for a lifetime. Even better, we create a safe atmosphere where everyone can participate in dental care that is surprisingly relaxing.
Full Service Family Dentistry
Alexandria family dentist, Dr. Zeyad Mady, prides himself on providing customized care to all of his patients. If you or someone you love has dental anxiety, various allergies, or special dental requirements, you can trust our family dentistry team to give them the personalized care they need, including hospital grade dental sedation if necessary.
Preventative Care | You should see your family dentist twice yearly for dental exams to prevent tooth loss, gum disease, and tooth decay. Regular visits to your family dentist will allow you to seek early and comfortable treatments, and avoid pain and invasive dental work down the road.
Oral Cancer Screenings | The best way to protect your family from the devastation of oral cancer is by receiving yearly screenings. We utilize top-notch cancer screening technology as part of our modern family dentistry care.
Fillings | Your family dentistry team can relieve minor dental decay with tooth-colored fillings before the decay spreads and becomes a more complicated issue.
Cleanings | In addition to daily at-home dental care, you need professional dental cleanings to ensure a functional smile and fresh breath.
Sealants and More | Our family and pediatric dentistry team prefers to prevent dental problems rather than treat them to save time and money for the patient. Dental sealants are one of the many ways to lock out the dangerous bacteria that leads to dental decay.
Happy Pediatric Dentistry
At the Center for Dental Anesthesia, we have provided the best pediatric dentistry in the Northern Virginia area for over 30 years. Early visits to your family dentist for your child create trust and positive attitudes toward oral hygiene. A baby’s first dental appointment at age one can set a precedent for future visits. Our pediatric dentistry experts are experienced in making early visits enjoyable by explaining to children – and parents – in a fun and simple way what is going to be done. Our philosophy is to include parents in the treatment planning and decision-making, so they can actively participate in their child’s oral health care.
At-home pediatric dentistry care should start well in advance of the first tooth and continue throughout your child’s development.
- For babies, parents should clean the gums at least once daily with a moist cloth or baby tooth wipe in order to establish healthy oral hygiene habits.
- For babies under one year old, toothpaste without fluoride – also called training toothpaste – should be used as soon as the first tooth erupts. Parents should start brushing the baby’s teeth with a soft toothbrush meant for babies or with a finger toothbrush coated with just a smear or thin layer of non-fluoride toothpaste.
- At age one, an initial dentist visit and a change to fluoride toothpaste will set the tone for oral health throughout childhood – and life.
- By age two, parents should start applying a pea size amount of fluoride toothpaste to the toothbrush. The child should be encouraged to spit out the toothpaste; however, if some is swallowed, the small amount ingested is not a concern.
- From age two on, a check-up appointment should be scheduled every six months in order to maintain your child’s oral health.
Not all of our patients require dental sedation, but we provide hospital grade anesthesia to adults or children who suffer from a dental phobia or need a different kind of dental experience for any reason. To set up an appointment for your child, please contact our staff today. Our dentists have been providing exceptional pediatric dentistry for patients from Alexandria, Arlington, and Northern Virginia for many years.