Hi. I’m Dentist Zeyad Mady. When my northern Virgina and Annandale area patients get mouth sores, I advise them to evaluate what they’re eating and make some changes. By following these tips, you too can avoid the discomfort of eating and help to increase the speed of healing.
1. Eat soft or pureed foods. Don’t worry, you won’t have to eat baby food – plenty of adult dishes fit the bill:
2. Keep your meals bland for a while. I know it’s no fun, but watch out for overly spicy, tart, salty or acidic foods while you have a mouth sore.
3. Also, keep it cool. Eat only food that is at room temperature or is served chilled.
4. Use a straw so that whatever you are drinking can bypass the mouth sore altogether.
5. Try to moisten dry foods. This can be done by adding sauces, dressings, and gravies to your meals.
I hope that these suggestions will help you the next time you suffer from a mouth sore. If you are looking for a dentist in the Alexandria area, consider my practice, Center for Dental Anesthesia. We have been serving Alexandria since 2015. Call us at 703-379-6400 to schedule an examination and consultation. We offer cosmetic dentistry, dental implants, Invisalign clear braces, and snoring and sleep apnea treatment.
The following website was used as source material for this blog:
http://www.mouthhealthy.org/en/nutrition/nutrition-concerns/, accessed on February 21, 2013
Contact Center for Dental Anesthesia:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):
5284 Dawes Ave